Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Hello Real World....Sort Of

So what's the good news? I graduated from college! Bachelor of Science in Applied Science of Forensic Science with an emphasis in Biology Cum Laude (with honors), also with a minor in Biology and Psychology.  That was in December, since then I've applied to the FBI (the position was terminated due to the sequester), my local Court House (position also terminated before anyone could be hired, and I even interviewed for this one), and the City of Houston Crime Lab. All no luck (that's the bad news), on the plus side Wal-Mart hired me again. I've been working there for the past couple summers as a cashier, now I'm the Fabrics and Crafts associate. Fitting isn't it? It's only part time, but hey I'm just happy to have a job and be able to pay on my school loans. Pretty bummed I had to move back home, but at least I have a place to go.

 Now i just need to control my crafting urges, I buy way too much stuff from my department. I can't help it, I just get so filled with ideas working around project idea flyers all day. By the way, for those of you who love crafting, but get a little stuck sometimes Wal-Mart has a Craft of the Month and Quilt of the Month project flyer, every well, month. The craft one is a project that fits the season, like we just got June/July's in, it's a tulle patriotic wreath, last months was a tie-dying project. The quilt of the month is a collectible pattern, and we get in the set of fabric you need to make it, you just have to get however much the pattern calls for cut for you. Plus, your friendly associate should be helpful if you have an idea, but aren't sure how to make it happen. Heck, since I started working there in January I've taught somewhere close to 15 people how to knit and crochet. Mostly the ruffle scarves, but other things too, and yes I got paid to do it, but heck I would have done it for free. Having a hobby is great, and knitting and crocheting have both been shown to relieve stress, improve mental sharpness, and dexterity....What?! That's science yo! So enough of my rambling, this big long story has basically just been to tell you, I'm going to be giving this blog thing a shot again, at least once a week. Mostly I think it may be tutorials, but I may post any interesting things I read, or review movies too. (Speaking of movies I demand you go see Star Trek Into Darkness now! Yes it's that good, also Benedict Cumberbatch is mine so paws off, haha.) So if you have anything you'd like to see, or hear about shoot me a comment and I'd be more than happy to give it a shot. I'm thinking, how to knit a ruffle scarf for my first post, what do you guys think? Sound good? Or I could show you what I did for Mother's Day to get you prepped for next year, as my mom loved it so much it made her cry. (Don't worry though penny pinchers, it's not so much the gift as it is about the presentation, and most the stuff I used was free!)

Well for now peace out and stay awesome!
~ Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment